I am on the 22nd floor today of a building looking out over the water. It's a beautiful view. I have never worked this high before it's really stunning. I am a receptionist.
It's cold today, not as windy as yesterday thank goodness.
Yesterday I was a Proctor for a law school, I proctored 2 tests, Evidence and Contracts. Fun.
Tomorrow I am weighing fabric bolts. Fun too. At least I can wear jeans.
Thursday I am a phone/file girl. 28th floor different building Fancy dress, I don't own fancy clothes and if they want me to get some they need to pay more than $9 an hour. If my pants cost more than I am making in a day, isn't that wrong?
Friday I am at another receptionist job, closer to home and it's casual Friday so jeans again.
So my week: 5 different companies, 4 different jobs, 3 different cities, 2 agencies, and 1 me :)
At some point I need to shop and cook food, but I don't know when, this is why america is fat, no time to cook good food and pizza is easy.
So that's my life as a temp.

No comments:
Post a Comment