So I got this amazing thermos and I made some hot cocoa after lunch yesterday at work. They have a hot/cold water dispenser and I used that to make my cocoa. So I get a coffee stirrer like I normally do to mix the powder and the hot water. I also normally use the paper cups that they provide, I use two because the cocoa is hot. So I have my cute but sturdy pink thermos filled with cocoa and I go to an empty table and sit and look out the window. I have about 15 or so minutes left of my lunch break and I get my book out and start reading. Ready? Wait for it: I grab my cold on the outside thermos and take a sip of HOT cocoa through the stirrer. OMG. Too hot. TOO HOT. I spit out the cocoa on the table, (yeah, I'm cool) and the roof of my mouth starts bubbling and burning. PAIN. PAIN. PAIN. So I run to the freezer and grab an ice cube and it's of course too big for my mouth so I melt it under running water and then put it in. It's too cold and my mouth is freaking out. More painful. So I grab a handful of ice and plop it into a cup and add water and sip that. That's all that I could do at work. Well I took an advil too, needed to. Oh and I reserched what I could do to help heal it faster. After work, I went to Walgreens and got some mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide and that kinda helped. I woke up this morning and was in UBER pain so I took more advil and mouthwash.
So that's what I did at work yesterday. I also answered the phone a couple of times and alphabatized a bunch of I-9's. Fun.
Before the cocoa fiaso, I went to Lane Bryant and got 3 new shirts with my GC and I will wear them at my next job at the college.
OH one more note about the cocoa: I gave the thermos to my kid after I got home (4 hours later) and it was still streaming. Yeah, that's a good thermos.

No comments:
Post a Comment