Friday, July 4, 2008

Here's the deal

So the company that I am temping for is going to be "restructuring the organization" HR wants everyone to reapply for their own jobs and if they don't qualify due to the new job descriptions, they will get a "termination package." The real employees of the org had a meeting the other day and I wasn't invited, I am not a real employee so I have no job to reapply to. I heard all about this from the real admin of the org. She wants to move up and have me take her job, but I only have an associates degree. She started as a temp and became perm when the real admin then, quit. Now my boss has been telling me "we are trying to find a way to make you permanent" and I like that, but how realistic is that if they are all trying to fight for their jobs.

So I may be out of a job really soon. I know that I will okay, I am a temp, I can get another job. I may have to work for $9 an hour again, but whatever. All it means is that I can't buy anything again like clothes or fun things. I will still have health insurance and the ability to pay "rent" And I can curb my food budget, I don't need to eat as much food or my once a week treat out, and kiddo is vegan (which is very expensive) so there are ways to cut back. I have had the ability to pay extra towards my credit card every month and that is an expense that can be trimmed, as long as I pay the minimums I will be okay. And who knows, maybe I will find a better job and that will be good. I can work anywhere in the city.

Some good ironic news: I got a raise from $12 to $13 an hour. I haven't seen it yet, but it's in the works. Irony all around. And this of COURSE is all related to the fact that I just got a nano. It's the coffee cup syndrome.

Lay-offs are rampant, it can happen without warning so I shouldn't bitch about it. I have warning. I just liked this job.

A great fortune cookie slip: Although it feels like a roller coaster now, life will calm down.

No comments:


Powered By Blogger